Partially because of everything that happened in 2016, I’ve been thinking a lot about the apocalypse.
This isn’t exactly new for me – I kind of thought maybe the world was going to end in 2012, and I’m generally the type of person who goes about her daily life while quietly ruminating over every conceivable way all of humanity could die.
However, in the unlikely event that the end is NOT nigh, here are some of my plans for Inner Dialogue:
- Because I’ve improved my drawing skills and started tracing over over my sketches with the iPad, my first few comics now look kind of shitty by comparison. In order to avoid this problem in the future, the comics will no longer have any drawings and will just be blank panels.
- Someone told me in an email that I don’t need to worry too much about the inner monologue’s exact shade of blue, so I’ll be moving on to the FAR more pressing issue of whether or not I should change the main character’s hair color from pure black to a really dark brown.
- I was considering assigning a gender to the inner monologue instead of simply never using pronouns, but at this point that seems unnecessary. The voice appears to be fine with referring to itself as “it”, and nobody really called me out on that.
- I’ll try and fix the issue where people start feeling disoriented and soon become uncontrollably violent after reading the 116th comic. This is especially concerning due to the fact that I haven’t drawn 116 comics yet.
- There’ll probably be some more neuroscience.
I might not be able to post things as frequently in 2017 due to some personal stuff, but I’ll set aside time for Inner Dialogue. Even during the apocalypse, as long as there’s still (somehow) a way for me to access the internet, I’ll keep posting. We’ll join together, as comic-drawer and comic-reader, to distract each other from the horrors around us. We’ll read comics in a desperate attempt to escape reality. To cling to something – ANYTHING – that reminds us of who we once were. To forget, if only for a few moments, that we are powerless to save ourselves.
Also, did you know I have a Patreon thing? I never officially announced it, but I have a Patreon thing. Go check it out.